- One package of Athens brand (or any brand) phyllo shells (prebaked). You can find them in the freezer aisle next to the pastries.
- Mixed fruit, such as fresh rasperries, blueberries, and strawberries.
- One "can" or "packet" of strawberry pie glaze (usually found in the fresh fruit, close to the strawberries)
- dark, white, or milk chocolate (optional)
Easy Peasy Dessert #2: I call this Banana Trifle (the cheating version)
Recipe for the Cheating Banana Trifle
- One loaf of pre-made Banana Break (at least I know who made it! Thank you Ard's Farm Market). Am I proud? No, but no one at dinner knew it wasn't mine! Muahaha!
- One box ofsugar-free banana pudding mix (plus the two cups of milk it calls for)
- Two-Three bananas (sliced)
1. Cut up the banana bread into small cubes. Place in bottom of clear trifle dish.
2. Prepare pudding as directed on the box. Leaving enough for two more layers, spoon the pudding overtop of the bread cubes.
3. Place one sliced banana on top of the pudding.
4. Repeat steps one-three once more. Finish with a top layer of banana pudding. Top with fresh fruit of your choice. I chose blueberries, but if you wish to be more daring, please be my guest.
5. Pretend that you made that pretty little thing. That you've slaaavved hours making that moist and delectable banana bread and homeade pudding. You can do it! You've earned it!