Yes, a party of peanut butter. I pray that heaven will be filled with the thick brown peanut paste. It aids in so many wonderful things from cakes to cookies. It's traditional in sandwiches, and is even found in sauces and soups. What a lovely, lovely thing.
I'll help you realize how divine this is.....I'll even share the fabulous recipie with you (don't mention it!) And the best part is.....all these ober fabulash cookies come from one single peanut butter cookie dough.
Lauren's Peanut Butter Party Cookie Recipie: (Middle picture above)
- 1/2 cup of "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" Baking butter
- 1/2 cup of Crisco shortening
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of creamy "Jif" peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Cream butter, shortening, and sugars. Add eggs and blend with mixer. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
2. Roll into "small" golf ball size balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets two inches apart.
3. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes or until just about set. Do not overbake! Leave on sheet for two minutes, sprinkle with sugar crystals, then transfer to rack or paper towel to cool. Store in covered contained. (Voolah! A peanut butter party-watch yourself though-the party is hard to stop!!) Above picture-Peanut Butter Cup Tarts
1. prepare peanut butter party cookie recipie as follows. Roll into small balls- and place into ungreased mini muffin pan. Press slightly to make the slightest indent. Bake at 375 F for 8-10 minutes or until set. As soon as they come out of the oven. Presh one mini Reeses cup into the cookie. Sprinkle with festive sprinkles (if desired!-I sure did!!). Let cool. Remove from pan. Let set for about one hour for the chocolate to set. Store in covered container.
Peanut Butter Zebras (Right)
Prepare cookies exactly like Peanut Butter Party Cookies. They only difference is when the cookies are cool. Drizzle melted milk and white chocolate on the cookies. A little chocolate tip (place chocolate wafers in a ziploc bag, and place in the microwave for 15 sec. intervals, smoosh until melted. Snip the edge and drizzle chocolate on cookies. Let chocolate set, and enjoy! They might make you go wild! Ok, they WILL make you go wild!
Peanut Butter is a party. Dare you to come!