Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cookies for Katherine



I had one request from my aunt on Thanksgiving. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Of course I obliged quite willingly, but inside I was thoroughly concered. I had never been successful with oatmeal cookies. So...my hunt started. My hunt for amazing oaty oatmeal cookies. I was on a mission, but uncertain was I of the results. But, I found one that looked quite decent. I must say, searching the words "the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies" on google gives you numerous results. It's my job to make sure that I pick the best.
Here we go....
Oaty Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Absolutely Amazing I Must Say)
Ingredients:
3/4 cup of room temperature "I can't believe it's not butter" baking sticks
1 cup of packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
3/4 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinamon
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup of milk chocolate chips



1. Preheat oven to 350* F.

2. Place cookie dough (using an ice cream scoop) on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.

3. In mixer, cream butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.

4. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.

5. Slowly add to the wet mixture (beating in between).

6. Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips.

7. Bake 13-15 minutes. Edges will be light golden brown.


Hint: You can also add M&M's, raisins, or nuts. Whatever you like will suit!



0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio