As you can see I made one mistake in this picture. Yes, that is a meat thermometer and no, I do not own a candy thermometer as it suggested to use. it didn't bother me to bad. Another issue was the fact that I needed the sugary substance to come to 240 degrees...which as you can see...wasn't even listed on the thermometer.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 envelops unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
1. Line a 9*13 pan with aluminum foil, cover with butter
2. In a large metal bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup of water, set aside.
3. In large saucepan on stove, combine water, sugar, light corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook without stirring until temperature reads 240* or soft ball stage.
4. Remove from heat, and add gradually to the gelatin mixture. Beat on high speed approximately 15 minutes (should be doubled in size.)
5. Beat in vanilla, pour into prepared pan. Let set for 6 hours to overnight.
6. Cut with knife coated in cooking spray. Roll in powdered sugar, coconut, sprinkles, or coat in chocolate.