- Two refrigerated Pie Crusts (I like to call my little white friend ;)
- 4 1/2 cups of FRESH blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 TBS. cornstarch
- 2 TBS. lemon juice
- 1 TBS. lemon zest (I zested for so long that I though my eyes were going to bulge out of my head....I think I ended up with 2 teaspoons...and it worked.)
- Egg wash (One tablespoon cream and one egg beaten together)
- Unroll one pie crust and place in the bottom of a deep dish pie plate.
- Mix together sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix into the blueberries.
- Pour the scrumptiousness into the pie crust lined pie plate.
- Take out second crust, puncture some cute little designs, holes, tears, weaves, whatever the heck you feel like. You could even make a themed pie. Like a Star Wars Pie!
- Brush with egg wash and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Bake pie for 20 minutes in the lower third of your oven. Then reduce the temp to 350*F and bake for an additional 35-45 minutes covering the sides with foil if they begin to darken to quickly.
- Let cool for 1 hour...or eat piping hot with vanilla ice cream. Yummmm....
- Hear stories the next day how Papa ate one third of the pie in under 15 hours. I love eating bicariously through other people.
It's like a movie thats how beautiful it is. Like a rocker-themed sequel to Little House on the Prairie....minus the Michael Landon.
The next thing I have to tell you...or at least mention...is actually a big deal. (In more ways than one.) The Lewisburg Creamery and Deli in Lewisburg is serving up some big deal this summer. (Picture courtesy of The Freeze website.) Can you please take a look at the picture that follows my blabber. This, my friends, is a medium. Eaten by two boys, in my back seat. There is still memories of the ice cream, schmeared in between my two back seats...thank you.
His hand is not a midget hand either, that's just a massive dish of ice cream. I gestimated....that at the initial purchase of this "medium dish" it was the mass of a two-quart carton of ice cream. Yeah, that could be problem-atic......yet.....I delight ever so much in it. The boys handled the size very well, I heard no complaints.