Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Miss Cupcake (Yes, There's Cake)

Ok, so I'm a minute or two late....but I don't care. Today is the one year anniversary of Miss Cupcake's beginning. I remember watching Julie & Julia just like it was yesterday. I'm amazed at how far this lovely little blog has come in a year. It is where I can share all of my feelings, excitements, and tidbits of knowledge...without anyone telling me to shut up. It's kind of ideal.

I never knew that this blog could do so much for me. I dream about new concoctions, think about seasonal flavors, and am captivated by photography...all in a year. Never would I thought that I would be having conversations about html coding, $900 cameras, and website design. This is my life now, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, I figure that first I should give you an opportunity to read the first Miss Cupcake post, way back on October 2, 2009. The link is http://themisscupcake.blogspot.com/2009/10/miss-cupcake-project.html

Next, I figured that today be a day of celebration, invloving nothing other than what I do best, baking! (Which I will share eventually...that is all of the treats I made today) But I figured that I would first give you one of the most simple and most delicious things that I ever did make. Behold: Lauren's Ice Cream Cake. Desired among many, enjoyed by a few. (Actually, these are individual ice cream cakes fufilling a baking coupon of long ago. I should really put an expiration date on those ;)

And I'll start by stating this, everything is better with Oreos. Everything.

The first thing that one must do when striving to make this lovely cake(s) is mash up some oreos combined with melted butter and mash it into the bottom of 5 small plastic storage containers.

Next take some cookies and cream ice cream and smear it over the top of the oreo crust.



Pour some magic shell over top of the first layer of ice cream. (It really is magic)


Next, second layer of ice cream!


Top with cool whip (pronounced cool-hip in my family) and top with sprinkles of every kind.

Mmmmmhmmm. Layers of fat, calories, and a whollllle lot of Miss cupcake lovin. (Those are the best kind of layers by the way.)


Now of course, they are all labeled according to sprinkle. Brandon and Caleb get football, Kearstin gets cotton candy sprinkles, Danae gets fall sprinkles, and Steve got whatever I had left. (hehe, I hope he feels the lovin)
Lauren's Fabu-lash Ice Cream Cake
Items Needed:
  • 25 Oreos (crushed like you mean it, with an iron mallet)
  • 4 TBS melted butter
  • 2 quarts softened ice cream of any kind (I used cookies and cream)
  • 1 jar of chocolate fudge magic shell
  • 1 small container of cool whip
  • sprinkles of every kind
  • 5 small containers (Or one big one for that matter)

Directions:

  1. Combine crushed oreos and melted butter. Divide evenly among the containers, pressing down hard to ensure a nice even crust.
  2. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden up. (Meanwhile, begin to thaw ice cream so that is is spreadable)
  3. Spread one quart of the ice cream over top of the crust. (Dividing evenly between all)
  4. Next, drizzle the whole bottle of magic shell over the ice cream in each container.
  5. Let freeze for 50-10 minutes.
  6. Finish with remaining layer of ice cream, cool whip, and sprinkles.
  7. Freeze 1 hour, serve, and smile.

The great thing about this little recipe? You can keep a few in your freezer at all time. Then, when you have an unexpected guest or two...ICE CREAM CAKE PARTY!

Oh, did I mention I made one for me too! Hey, it's my birthday celebration! I even made myself a little birthday card. I'm so good to me ;)
So, thank you for everything you have done for Miss Cupcake. Thank you for all of your orders, your love, your support, and the joy you give me for reading and commenting. I love you all!! I can't wait what year two will bring!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio