First of all, I figured that nothing goes better with pumpkin...then pumpkin pie itself! Luckily my pantry was well-equipped for this little experimental shindig. My mind is still a'rollin.
Brownies! Of course! So, I whipped up a batch of homemade brownies. (Ok, I lie...I used a box) Then I found some cream cheese, made a little topping, and into the oven. I felt as if I was awaiting my death sentence or coronation. Not sure which yet.
And then, I decided that I should probably melt some of these pumpkin kisses and drizzle it on top of the brownies, if they actually decided to bake properly...still anxious at this point.
(Giggling inside) I can't say that I've ever experienced something quite like this in my entire life. It's the perfect combination of three desserts: pumpkin pie, brownies, and cheesecake. If I had words to describe how these make me feel inside, I would share them. But, I don't, so I can't help you. You might just have to try them out yourself ;)
Pumpkin-Kissed Cheesecake Brownies
- One box Fudge brownies
- Oil, water, and eggs called for on the box
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- About 30 Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownies as directed on the package, spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Combine softened cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy, about one minutes.
- Add pumpkin pie mix, egg, and vanilla.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over brownie batter and cut with knife to incorporate the two batters together, it may be a little difficult because they are two different thicknesses...stick with it...you can do it!)
- Plop about 16 Hershey Kisses into the batter, pushing down slightly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is firm to the touch, do not over bake.
- Let cool for one hour before cutting. Cut with a sharp knife, cleaning knife after every cut to obtain nice clean cut brownies.)
- Next, melt about 15 Kisses for about 20 seconds intervals in the microwave. Drizzle over cooled and cut brownies.
- Serve and be served compliments, that's usually how it works ;)