Let me just tell you, two whiny boys sitting in the other room as you are trying to make dinner is not exactly pleasant. No, not pleasant at all. After dinner, however, they said the wait was worth it. That pleased me oh so much...now if I can get them to stop complaining. (Lost cause.)
- 14 chicken breast tenders ( thawed, and pounded to 1/2 inch thickness)
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese (you can you mozzerella too)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- salt, pepper, and oregano to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/2 sleeve ritz crackers,crushed
- Spaghetti sauce (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 375* and coat bottom of a 9*13 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine spinach, asiago, cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the parmesan, garlic, pepper, salt, and oregano.
3. Lay out the chicken breasts and spoon mixture equally onto 14 chicken breasts.
4. Roll up chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks.
5. Place beaten egg in a shallow dish. Combine cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
6. Dip chicken breasts in egg, then coat in crumbs. Top with pepper, salt, and oregano.
7. Place in dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is browned on top and cooked through.
Yum, gooey, oozy, deliciousness.