So I was researching up on a few blogs the other day, and I stopped at one called Picky Palate. I LOVE IT! Actually, I aspire to be her. She made this lovely little recipe called pretzel caramel peanut butter bars. So, I thought, hey...those would be soo cute as cookie cups! So, off to work. I didn't know what was in for me.
- One package Pillsbury break and bake sugar cookies (or any other kind of break and bake, or your favorite cookie dough recipe)
- 12 thin pretzels broken
- 12 mini peanut butter cups (cut into 4 pieces)
- 12 kraft mini caramels
- 1 Tbsp. milk
1. Spray (like you've never sprayed Pam before) cooking spray onto a 12 cupcake tin.
2. Preheat oven to 350* Place on round of dough onto the bottom of the tins. Press down slightly.
3. Add pretzels and peanut butter cups to the cookie dough cups.
4. Place caramels and milk in the microwave for 1 minute or until melted and smooth.
5. Pour caramel over cookie cups. Place another round of cookie dough on top of the cookie cups. Press down. Sprinkle with sprinkles. (hehe..word pun!)
6. Bake for 22 minutes or until light golden brown.
7. Attemp to let cool and dig them out of the pan. I'm not going to lie......I refused to take a picture of me trying to get the cookie cups out of the cupcake pan. It wasn't pretty...and lets just say....I had A TON of rejects. That I like....alot.
So..I'll say my peace here and now. If you would like to avoid getting frustrated and things sticking to pans, and you throwing a tantrum. Then please, follow the recipe but just bake it in an 8*8. But, if you are up for a challange. Go for it...they are worth the rejects!