Lauren and Becky go to this lovely Inn for Breakfast.
Blake gets jealous.
Lauren was feeling generous.
Lauren: Blake, do you want me to make you something for breakfast, say no.
Lauren: (Sigh) FINE!
So, I'm not always nice to him...I think that has already been established. But, I was actually excited that he said yes...because I made a new creation! I love when that happens! You are going to want to get those griddles out and start flipping those hotcakes!
So I looked in the cupboard...and here's what i had: peaches, buttermilk pancake mix, and brown sugar....hmmmm......
- buttermilk pancake batter (I used Aunt Jemimah Complete-all that I had to do was add water!)
- 1 small can sliced peaches in syrup
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- dashes of cinamon
- dashes of nutmeg
- Prepare the pancake batter, or use your favorite recipe for pancake batter. Make the batter for about 6-9 pancakes.
- Drain the peaches (reserving 1/4 cup of the juice). Chop up into small pieces. Add the juice and the peaches in a small bowl.
- Stir brown sugar, cinamon, and nutmeg into the peach mixture.
- Drop pancake batter onto a greased griddle or pan.
- Add peach mixture to the top of the pancake. (As shown above). It will sizzle like no one's business...it's lovely.
- Flip pancakes when underside is light brown.
- Pour the remaining peach mixture onto the griddle until the mixture turns a nice golden brown color. Serve over the pancakes.