So, what would be better than crunchy covered goat cheese? Nothing! So, as soon as I saw this, I had to make it. And...I also put some salad with it, to make me feel better about eating balls of cheese coated in bread.
But, but it all together in a salad and AHHHH!! One of the new eight wonders of the world. The great thing about these recipes is....you don't need an actual recipe! You can gestimate the amounts, which makes me so happy! I kind of get ticked off with numbers some times, so these recipes are for you, if you share my annoyance!
There they are, right before they become covered in oilly goodness. But, I bet you are wondering how I make them? Well, lucky for you...I'm going to tell you. Six ingredients to instant bliss. Plus, you don't even need to measure!
Herb-Crusted Goat Bites
--One egg (slightly beaten)
--Panko Bread Crumbs
--Herbs (Oregano and Tyme)
- Roll the goat cheese into balls, or disks, or logs.
- Combine panko crumbs with sparse amounts of oregano and tyme
- Dip in flour, then egg, then panko mixture
- Heat small skillet on medium-high heat, add a few tablespoons of canola oil.
- Saute for about 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels, and add to this fabu-lash salad that I'm about to show you.
Honey-Virgin Apple Salad
- Greens (I use half spinach and half spring mix)
- One drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Two Drizzles of HoneyOne golden delicious apple, tossed in lime juice
- Onion slices (carmelized)
- Goat Cheese Bites
- First, carmelize the onions. This is done pretty simply by taking some onions in a small pan with some olive oil and frying them on medium-high until golden brown. These are ammmmmmaaaazzzingggg!
- Next, take the greens, drizzle with the olive oil and honey. Toss the salad
- Cover with the sliced apples, onion slices, and goat cheese bites.
- Eat your way to honey heaven!!!