Actually, the real story is this. I wanted to make rasperry coffee cake for a friend. But, something happened. I forgot to get milk. So...no coffee cake. Then, I had a mini panic attack and searched frantically for something that I could throw together. These were the things I had found. Butter, Chocolate Cake Mix, Peanut Butter Chips, Eggs, and Animal Crackers. Hmmmm... Well...here's what happened. PS I kind of have and obsession with the mixture of chocolate and peanut butter (if you haven't been able to tell by now.)
Chocolate "Wild" Animal Bars
3 cups (or so) of animal crackers
& 6 Tablespoons of melted butter
One chocolate cake Mix
1 cup peanut butter morsels
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Take the animal crackers, and beat the living daylights out of them. I'm actually being serious here. I think this was my favorite part of the whole process.
2. Melt the butter and add to the animal cracker crumbs. Press into a 9*13 pan and bake at 375* for approximately 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool.
3. Meanwhile, combine the cake mix, butter, eggs, water, and brown sugar with a mixer until combined.
4. Pour the peanut butter chips over top of the animal cracker crust. Top with chocolate dough mxture. It is very hard to spread, so just dollop it everywhere in small increments.
5. Bake for approximately 25-35 minutes or until you jiggle it and it doesn't move. Test it with a toothpick..it will not be completely clean because of the peanut butter chips melting.
6. Let cool, cut into squares, flip over to expose the animal cracker side up, and serve!The finished brownies! Now all I have to do is flip those babies over!
Unleash your "wild" side!