So, I had to make something new, which is equally as exciting. A home-ade recipe! Treasure it, print it out, carry it with you, whatever you need to do to keep it forever! These don't come around that often.
Raspberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1 Aunt Jemima Easy Mix Coffee Cake (I know I know...just stay with me)
2/3 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup milk
dash of cinamon
1/2 to 3/4 cup of Solo brand Raspberry Cake and Pastry Filling
1. Preheat oven to 375* Grease an 8-inch cake pan.
2. Take the coffee cake mix, egg, cinamon and milk. Mix until combined. Fold in the sour cream.
3. Dollop the raspberry filling onto the batter in the pan. Swirl with knife until incorporated into the batter.
4. Top the batter with the enclosed crumb topping packet from the coffee cake package.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake is golden brown.
6. Let cool, cut into 8 "pie" slices.
Let me tell you a story about this "bag." The box directions stated that you were supposed to add all of the ingredients into the bag and "squish" it together. Really? Coffee cake in a bag? What is this world coming to?
We aren't going to talk about that little teeny tiny piece missing. Ok, I give in...it was me! I did it! I couldn't help it! Don't tell the surgery-ee....he'll never have to know. This can be between you and me.